Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hair today, insane tomorrow

I can't believe I've waited so long. But I guess I've just been saving up. The top of the list today...I got a haircut. Now I used to have a girl that cut my hair and it was like heaven. She washed it, conditioned it, massaged my scalp even. And then she'd give me a stellar cut and styling. Then two weeks later a free clean up, FREE!! She's amazing. Since I've moved I've been seeing a new lady, and I have to say lady cuase she's, in my opinion, too old to be cutting my hair. But I go to her cause I'm sure as hell NOT going to Supercuts. The new lady, charges waaay too much, and does waaaay too little. And today....she crossed the line. Near the end of the cut, she pulls at the hair at the back of my head and goes, "Hm!" "I think your hair is changing." Now of course instantly this sets off all KINDS of alarms. What could that possibly mean? Maybe it has to do with the fact that the clippers she used ripped out my hair until she figured out it needed oil, or maybe that she made me wait 20 minutes past my appointment. But no, I, like an idiot had to ask. "What do you mean by that?" And her tactful, gentle response..."Well it means you're goin' to lose your hair." Now i dont know how many men out there have had someone tell them this, but can I just say it was the emotional equavalent to being kicked in the crotch by a Clydesdale. After delivering her news she proceeded to style my hair like a cross between Hitler and Ryan Seacrest. It was to say the least tramatic. So now I'm on the hunt for anything that will promise me more hair time. Please let me know if you've heard of anything that can help a 25 yearold with thinning hair.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I know how you feel. I'm 23 and my hair is already going gray. I was going to say that's worse, but now that I think about it, I can dye my hair... you can do nothing. Sucks to be you.
If it's any consolation, I heard a speaker point out yesterday that D&C 84:80 says "a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed." So basically, if you think people don't notice you're only fooling yourself.
Oh well, it could be worse, you could have leprosy and have your fingers and toes falling off. That would really suck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home