Thursday, April 19, 2007

My first real encounter with being screwed by a big company

I often complain about one of my bosses being analretentive and never trusting anyone to do what they say they're going to do. I still think he needs counseling. That's no way to live and its no way to treat other people. I'd rather trust people and get taken advantage of then live my life always having to search out something to hold over the other person in case you have to negotiate something. I will not live like that, its just wrong.

Which brings me to my current perdicament. On the 20th of March I ordered a new phone from Sprint. I got a flyer in the mail about deals on new phones, I realized the one I was using was about two years old and thought I'd get a new one. So I called the number on the flyer and was put through to what I was lead to believe was a salesman. He took my order and all that stuff. My bank account was charge money and I waited...and waited and waited. Nearly a month as has gone by and nothing. I figured someone had stolen it off my front porch. Well I called sprint, check that, attempted to call sprint. I talked to them four different times in one day. Each time I called customer care I had to repeat the whole story they'd then transfer me to the sales department. Only I'd either get dropped, I was on hold for thirty minutes or I'd make it through and then they'd tell me (after repeating the entire story I'd just told customer service) that they couldn't help me and that I needed to talk to customer service. After doing that a few times yesterday I gave up.

So this morning on the way to work I tried again. After going through the process of getting customer service and explaining everything I was transfered not to the sales department but to the initial login to get to customer service.....I was starting to get upset. So I called back again, FINALLY talked to someone in the sales department that didn't have their head up their ass and she informed me that I had actually not ordered the phone but instead Sprint had just charged me 150 dollars and put it as a credit on my cell phone bill. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!

As a side note, my roomate ordered a new phone from SprintPCS last week and it actually arrived on Tuesday of this week. WTF!! I've been with Sprint for going on 5 years now. How many people can you say have that kind of loyalty to a cell phone service? So this next time I call back to figure out what the hell they're going to do for me I'll let you know what goes down. I just needed to get that off my chest. That is all.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Robb said...

I hate telephones and telephone companies. So the fact that I rarely call does not mean I don't like you, but I hate that in order to talk with you, we have to deal with the filter of a cell phone. Sorry you got shafter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home