Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Social Suckiness

My social life is dead. Or maybe its not even that. What do you call something that wasnt even alive to begin with? Inert? That sounds good. My social life is inert. I used to have some fairly strong connections here in town but as the summer passed by and I was often absent those connections got married (ridiculous, a 21yo getting married after like three months of dating (mostly I'm just pissed he got off so easy) but then again he is one of those people who has yet to discover that there are grey areas in the world, its going to suck when he finds that out AND has all that responsiblity of a marraige) and the other ones moving to Orange County. So here I am in Lonersville, population ME. The cousin I used to hang out with went out and got a girlfriend so he's pretty much dead to me. Speaking of girl friends, I actually miss mine. Well I miss having someone but not her in particular. Man what a pity party, its disgusting huh? The problem is I cant find anyone that shares my particular sense of humor. If you dont get the same jokes as me chances are we're going to struggle to communicate. Take my best friend. I love him. I'd do anything for him or any member of his family. But I probably couldnt get him to sit down and watch four episodes of Arrested Development in a row. And hey he's got best friend status here. Not a title I hand out lightly. So I just realized that my best friend doesnt share my exact sense of humor so I guess I destroyed my earlier supposition about communicating and my sense of humor. Oh well most of the things I say contradict themselves at somepoint. But yeah, no social life. I can make an attempt with the kids at my church....I could go to a building across town and go to church for singles only. I dont know. Have you noticed how often I finish thoughts with "i dont know". Not necessarily in writing but in speaking AND chatting.

The only silver lining I can see at the moment is that I'll be running in a 10k race in October that the marines put on. It kicks ass. Its 10k through a minefield of obstacles. By the time you're finished you're a whole different color because of the mud. That's my kind of good time. So to all you freakin losers out there that think I'm a "pencil pusher" or "pretty boy" put that in your pipe and smoke it smart asses. I invite you out to the races and I'll leave you trailing far behind. Wow, that was angry. lol. But I seriously invite any of my readers...there's two of you I think, a whopping two, out to the race on Oct. 8. Be sure and bring some duct tape for your shoes, cause the mud will suck them right off, I've seen it happen. haha. I'll post a map of the course, its not to scale but you get an idea of how many obstacles there are. I dont know how to end this post.

6 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go down there and beat you in October but I'm afraid that wouldn't help your already fragile self esteem. Wish I could help you train for it. I've got to get myself signed up for a race so I get motivated to run again.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Seth said...

I'd like to see you try and beat me Derek I really really would. Cause last year I ran with a cross country runner and I smoked his ass.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Seth Hill said...

Um, actually you have THREE readers, not two.

So, in order to not confuse our comment-reading public, I propose we institute nicknames to distinguish ourselves. I can be brown-seth, and you can be white-seth. OR, I can be stud-seth, and you can be schmuck-seth. What do you think?

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger el veneno said...

I like White Shmuck, Couldn't Beat Me In Any Kind Of Race Seth for the Bakersfield one.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Derek you're a tool.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Well Robb I guess a man has got to do what a man has got to do and this man has got to get muddy on Oct. 8th. No worries though, I'll have someone take pictures or something. Its good to hear that you and Vicki got to spend some time together and that things went well. I miss making out as well, maybe I'll visit Utah again and hook up with some girl and start another pointless long distance relationship. Anyways, I expect Seth and Derek to be at the race, if you're not I'm coming there and we're doing the race in the snow. And Seth how bout I take stud-seth and you take uber-stud-seth. I think we all come out winners there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home