Monday, September 12, 2005

A Bevy of Insubstantial(not of substance)Stuff

I have bloggers block. I can neither create nor finish a blog post.

I feel I should inform you of my weekends activities as they were rather enjoyable yet they lack substance. I went clothes shopping on Saturday and got a dress shirt, a polo shirt and a t-shirt and the new Beck CD. Man oh man, you've GOT to pick that one up. Its like someone bottled up rhythm, added some funk, and some lyrics then stuck it in a paint shaker for a few days. It comes out in a beautiful shade of silky blue with gold flecks. It is NOT to be missed. You've probably all already bought it and I'm just catching up, but not for lack of trying. Its been sold out the few times I've gone to look for it. So that was a happy purchase. And the blue stripped polo was an instant gratifier too. It fits well, and my mom said its "cute". I'll have to throw it in the arsenal if I ever get to take out that girl I met at the CES fireside last night. She's moving back to Hawaii but she didn't say when, and all I got was a first name. So the shopping was good.

Sunday was probably the best church day I've had since my mission. I can say that with complete honesty. I'd say everyone in our ward has taken President Hinckley's (or Hinkle if you're my convert grandma) invitation to heart. Everyone was prepared. Speakers, teachers, students. I've never seen anything like it. Everyone had read the material, was making valid, insightful, spirit inspired comments. Basically it was a working ideal Sunday. I've never experienced anything like it. I hope it lasts cause it made such a huge difference to me. I also went to the CES fireside last night. I thought it was pretty good. She reminded me about a lot of things I'd forgotten I'd learned about scripture study. And low and behold I met a girl there. There were probably 10 guys and two girls. One of the girls was so hot. She was exactly my type. Brunette, dark eyes, just a beautiful face and an athletic body. But she was sitting with this guy so I couldn't tell if they'd come together or what? In conversation he mentioned he'd be moving to Provo soon and started talking about women and I was like sweet, he's not with her. I wasn't exactly Don Juan, as I only spoke with her for a few minutes, but she was giving one or two signals. Or maybe she just had indigestion, anyways she's probably on her way back to Hawaii. But it was nice to actually meet someone finally, even if it was basically a ships passing in the night deal.

I also made a new friend which is nice. He's my friends bro-in-law recently returned from his mission. He's a fun kid and I'm trying to get him a membership at my gym so I can, at long last,(that little phrase is just stupid...I mean look at it, at long last, what does that even mean when you pull the words apart and sit them next to each other?) have a lifting partner. Plus he has this van that has a vanity plate. It says roxygirl, as in roxy girl surf stuff. Its his mom's old van and its hilarious he has to ride around in it. I told him to lower it and get a mural on the side but he wouldn't agree to it.

See like I said at the beginning of my post, not a lot of substance just stuff. I was happy to read my friend's blogs though and see they're getting along well. It would seem Derek has had some epiphanies lately about love, relationships, friends, life, and just everything good in general. That's fun to watch. Uberstud-Seth is hard at play with a new Mac...oh man I'm simultaneously jealous, nostalgic and happy for you. I remember my first while with my new Mac and the many many many times I'd take it out look at it and just bask in its sleek, cool, steely, coolness (DAMN that's some seriously freaking awesome word usage, can I just say that. I mean I'm using the word cool like four different ways there and you've GOT to give me some credit using sleek and steely only separated by another equally chido word.(USSeth can explain the word chido for you).) And Canadian Robb continues his mountaineering adventures atop Mt. Timp. Jeez man you just love life and death peril don't you. You're an adrenaline junky who cant seem to get access to parachutes or bungy cords so you just throw yourself off stuff and hope for the best.(that was actually a deep comment about the way you live your life and not just a surface observation about an actual event) As for the rest of you that read my blog....oh yeah there is no rest of you. Maybe someday I'll have a bigger audience to wow with my...Actually I've got nothing to wow them with so never mind. I'm going to take an early lunch.

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger el veneno said...

Don't worry man, I'm sure it was just indigestion. I know what "chido" means too by the way. Honestly though, I'm glad you had a nice sunday and that you have a workout buddy. Robb and I need your workout advice when you're out here.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear the act of tossing myself over the glacier was a result of altitude sickness (and not some sick metaphor about my relationships with women).

Although I couldn't "get into" church on Sunday, a talk with V and then the fireside helped me gain some spiritual insight nonetheless. Good to hear it was a meaningful day for you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home