Friday, November 25, 2005

Post Holiday Post

Well looks like Thanksgiving is over. I've just been helping my sister put up her Christmas decorations. Its been like 12 hours since Thanksgiving day was over and BAM on to the next one. I just hope I dont have to climb up ladders and things at my house to put stuff up. Vaulted ceilings can be dangerous, let me tell you.

I'm missing the flag football game at home today, which kind of sucks but oh well they're always be more games and stuff. I also missed my muah thai class today which REALLY sucks. But I'm sure my trainer didnt want to come into the gym today anyways. He's probably still a little hung over from yesterday.

I hear the new Sunday School lessons for next year are in the Old Testament. Can I just say "YAWN".... Actually I only say that cause I know the Old Testament about as well as I know particle physics. The great thing about teaching the BOM or D&C in Sunday school is that I've got TONS of extra info just stored up in my brain. Which I can use to spice up lessons or interrupt people's malaise in the middle of a lesson about tithing. Like last Sunday, when that Sunday's teacher forgot he was supposed to speak in a ward 45 minutes away so I got it dumped on me about 5 minutes before class. I kid you not, five minutes. Lucky for me I hadnt even read that weeks assigned reading so I had no clue what we were talking about that day AND I didnt have a manual to go off of. But it actually turned out really well, it was one of the lessons I've enjoyed more. I just pulled out a list of scriptures about Prayer that I'd made during my mission. So we just read the scriptures and discussed them. It was fun AND it was how I think Sunday School ought to be. The ought to be discussions about scriptures not stuff you just read and share with the class, though all those cool qoutes from the prophets are pretty useful. Maybe I'll end up having to do more of that with the Old Testament stuff seeing as how I've got no anicdotal stuff to add to the lessons. I probably fear Isaiah most of all. Those are the chapters I usually just skip in the BOM. Nephi says they're clear, I say Nephi didnt get the english translation he got the original meanings. It might as well be greek.

Well I think I'll go and read a book, I'm bored.

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger el veneno said...

you should really update sometime. I thought of calling last night but then realized it was too late. Suerte down there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home