Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Untitled

Getting away from a blog is like trying to get out of one of those Chinese finger traps. Or in the words of Princess Leia Organa to Grand Moff Tarkin "The more you tighten your grip, the more systems that will slip through your fingers." Actually that quote isnt even remotely applicable to the Chinese finger trap analogy. Forget it. Though it is one of my favorite quotes of Princess Leia's, right up there with when she called Han Solo a "scruffy looking nerf herder". Ahh the mythos of Star Wars. Kind of makes you wish you had your own personal mythos that everyone knew and could converse about. I remember having the discussion with my friends growing up about who would win in a force battle between The Emperor and Yoda. Which you actually get to see played out in Revenge of the Sith. It was a draw....I dont buy it. Yoda must have just taken it easy on the Emperor in order to perhaps avoid taking his life. Anyways, mythos. Get one...or several. But my original point was getting away from your blog.

I was straight up sick of it and them. But maybe I'll start posting again. I dont know, but I figured I owed something so someone about posting at least once more. Sorry it isnt much of a post, or has cool pictures and what not like Seth's, or deeper questions about teaching ESL like Robb's, or stuff like Derek's. Yes that was a shot at you Derek. I have noticed that since I'd stopped posting blog entries, my contact with my friends in Utah has all but ceased. But I should ask is that more on me or them? I'm going to go ahead and be unfair and say them. Its not that bad a thing really. It freed me up to do other things? Anyways, I'm getting ready to go to San Jose and up to San Francisco at the end of the month. I'm taking the train which should be cool. I havnt ridden a train since I was in Ireland. Plus I think I'm taking my golf clubs so I can get a game in up there. I wish more of my friends played golf. While it has be described by someone I know as a rich kid sport, complete bullshit-comments like that make me mad mostly cause it shows how ignorant people are, its actually not too expensive and provides a great time to just hang out with your friends. The games we play arnt about winning so much as they are about getting together. Much like my weekly poker games used to be till the Prophet spoke about poker in conference. I havnt played a game since. Anyways, I think I'll wrap this totally pointless post up now.

4 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty much awesome that you posted. I have you on my google reader and I was beginning to think that maybe google reader was broken because I didn't get any updates from your blog.

Have in SF. It's wicked cold here now. My students and I were talking about the need for a BYU California today and I said, "I had this same discussion with my roommate Seth."

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have **fun** in SF.

lousy typing skills. Don't type while you are talking to someone; too easy to get distracted

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Yeah I know what you mean Robb. I always chat and talk, it gets messy. No google reader is not broken i just started to hate blogging. I still am not sure how I feel about it but thought I might as well write something.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Seth Hill said...

Hooray for pointless posts! I used to golf but never saw much progress so I gave it up. Maybe you'll have to teach me one of these days how to play. From one rich kid to another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home