Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Artistic Crap

I'm a huge sci fi/fantasy geek. Which I think I've admitted to before. I like the new grittier sci fi of today, like Battle Star Gallactica (still need to watch it Robb you'd love it), Firefly, Alien and the like. But I also enjoy the more glamorous, shiny, spic and span sci fi of days gone by. I came across some art online that I think really captures the often whimsical nature that early sci fi. It reminds me of some episodes of Twilight Zone and Lost in Space. Also some of it looks like it came out of an old Superman Comic or even the amazingly drawn animated series of the late fifties. I'm sure you'll be able to spot those ones Robb as they have a very Smallville-esk quality, especially with the basic Superman colors. The artist who produced these little gems goes by Eric Joyner, no relation to Wally Joyner the baseball player...at least I don't think so. His website is here, Robb as I'm thinking you'll be the only one interested in looking at more of it, and maybe Seth: http://www.ericjoyner.com/index.php .

The first picture might be my favorite. It's called Heist. I love the concept its showing and I love that the spaceship is fantastically huge compared to the people being sucked into it. Gives you a real sense of watching this going on from a far off hilltop. Plus the addition of the robot running away is freakin awesome I think.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like its just you and me Robb. No one else really gets the total coolness of this art. Too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home